Sunday, November 20, 2011

Emotional Reaction

The part of the memoir that I chose to discuss my personal reaction to the content and the writing was chapter ten: Getting My Feet Wet in the Swamp. I’m a huge football fan, and I’ve always found the sport both interesting to watch and to play. Despite my interest in football, chapter ten had just simply too much detail on Tim’s football games for my liking.

            The title of chapter ten: Getting My Feet Wet in the Swamp is referring to Tim Tebow playing his first games as a quarterback for the “Gators” of the University of Florida. “The Swamp” is what Florida Gator fans call their stadium. In the chapter Tebow discusses how had always dreamed of playing the quarterback position for the University, “I had grown up watching Florida quarterbacks…, and Robby, Peter, and I had played so many games together on the farm, over the years”(98). This statement by Tim Tebow did not bother me at all, what did was when he took two and a half pages to describe how he and his brothers would play. I was bored throughout the rest of the chapter just for that reason; I was anticipating for it to end. The chapter could have been improved if the author would have transitioned into another topic sooner than he did. It also could have been more intriguing if Tebow would have varied his sentence structure throughout the chapter, the lack of diversity in his sentence structure might have been what made me bored during the reading. The next chapter is called Ending Up in the Desert so let’s hope it’s a little more “juicy” as my mother likes to call it than chapter ten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment