Sunday, November 6, 2011

Initial Impressions

                The memoir that I chose to read is Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker. One of the main reasons why i chose Through My Eyes was because I followed Tim Tebow through his college football career at the University of Florida, and his first and second years in the NFL. I also chose Through My Eyes because the co-author, Nathan Whitaker is one of my father's business associates. In Through My Eyes I expect to read about Tim Tebow's childhood, introduction to football, his faith and religon. and his football career as an adult so far. I'm looking forward to reading about his journey to winning the Heisman Trophy in college, and his missionary work in the Phillipines. I'm a big fan of Tim Tebow and what he represents, he's a great athelete and also a great person; so for those reasons I had no hesitation in reading this book. The cover of Through My Eyes shows a close up of Tim Tebow holding a football. His facial expression is very intense, so I'm expecting his attitude in the book to be intense as well. On Tim's face there is black eye paint under his left eye that reads,"Through My Eyes." The eye paint is significant because Tim Tebow's trademark is to have insirational words inscribed into his eye paint. The back cover of Through My Eyes has comments regarding the book from four famous figures, Chuck Norris, Tony Dungy, Urban Meyer, and Darius Rucker.They all had nice words to say about Tim Tebow's memoir, Through My Eyes and about Tim's character.

No comments:

Post a Comment