Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Final Reflection

Tim Tebow's memoir, "Through My Eyes" was an overall solid book. I would not recomment this memoir to anyone who is not absoulutely passionate and dedicated  to football. Unfortunately, for me, my sport is basketball so I struggled through this book. Tim Tebow and Nathan Whitaker's writing style bored me. The memoir had far too many details on insignificant  topics. My initial impression and final impression are basically the same. In both the initial and final impressions I thought that the book was relativiely boring and over detailed. The memoir was informative, but maybe too informative at least for my liking. In my eyes Night by Wiesel was much more intriquing than Through My Eyes not only because Night has more action and tragic events, but because the writing style of Wiesel in Night was much more attractive to the reader than that of Tim Tebow and Nathan Whitaker in Through My Eyes. Maus I by Art Speigleman was also more attractive to me as the reader because it was basically all dialogue and less useless details that embodied Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow. If I could re-do the blog assignment I would pick an entirely different  memoir. Through My Eyes was a great memoir, but it just didn't  suit my taste. The information in Through My Eyes was not boring but  the way that Tim Tebow and Nathan Whitaker worded  the content portrayed  it as boring. For all these reasons I do  not highly regard Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow and will not recommend this memoir to anyone who is not passionate about football and or Tim Tebow.

No comments:

Post a Comment